I've noticed a few sites are embedding gigapans. I haven't found anything on the Gigapan site that tells you how to do this - nor does there appear anything in the ToS that restricts it. Here's what worked for me (thanks to WiredVision):
- Find the image you want to embed and look at the source.
- Locate the part of the url in the script that starts:
- Pull out the number after the above prefix - that is the id for the image (YOURNUMBER)
- Look for the piece of the url that starts with the parameter 'width' and ends with 'cbottom' - copy this span of text (YOURPARAMS).
- Now create the following embedding code:
<embed width="450" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
- Be sure to link back to the original site, and give a credit to the creator of the image.