Briefly, Umbria has a new mobile tv report based on analysis of posts in the blogosphere:
Based on the wealth of conversations from the blogosphere and consumer generated media, Umbria offers quarterly reports focusing on topics directly related to the rapidly growing mobile TV industry. In these reports you will gain insight into both the age and gender of speakers, what they discussed, how they interact with this product, and the implications for companies serving this industry.
Here’s a few examples of Umbria thematic insights and recommendations:
- How do bloggers speak about portable media players vs. traditional mobile devices?
- What is the preferred method to access content, when, and why?
- What are their biggest frustrations and concerns?
- What are the preferred content types, by demographic?
- What implications are there for increasing adoption?
Unfortunately, their registration mechanism for getting more info on the report is currently not quite functioning (asks for email address, once entered it asks again for your email address...). I'd love to get a copy of this to see what findings they've made.
Judging by the URL (http://www.umbrialistens.com/products/syndicated.php) this is part of a syndicated strategy - a key way to scale in the social media monitoring market.